Sending gift cards to contacts outside of the Bakkt® App
This article will provide instructions on how to send gift cards to non-Bakkt App users
1. Select Gift Cards from the Home menu.
2. Click Send.
3. Choose a gift card to send.
4. Choose a predesignated value for the gift card you are sending.
The minimum and maximum gift card limits vary depending on the merchant.
5. Enter the email of the non-Bakkt App user you are sending to.
Double-check the email address of the person you are sending to because once the transfer is initiated, the action can not be revoked or reversed.
6. You will then see a message stating Congratulations! appear on your screen once the funds are successfully sent.
- The recipient will receive an email prompting them to sign up for the Bakkt App and provide the required verification information so that they can collect their gift card.
- Once the account is created, the receiver will be able to accept or cancel the transfer in the Pending Transfers portion of the Bakkt App.
- Existing Bakkt App users may not send funds to their own email address(s)
- Once the gift card is sent from a Bakkt App user, the recipient has 7 days to claim the gift card before the funds are sent back to the sender.
- Once the gift card is sent, the sender can cancel the transfer at any time before the gift card is claimed.
- The sender will receive a notification once 7 days transpire and the recipient has not claimed the gift card.