Buying Bitcoin in the Bakkt® App
This article will provide instructions on how to purchase bitcoin (BTC) in the Bakkt® App.
Please note that BTC can only be purchased during the time frame of Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm ET. If you try to purchase bitcoin outside of this time frame, an error message will populate. You will also notice that the Buy icon will be grayed out and you will be unable to select it.
Follow the steps listed below to buy BTC within the Bakkt® App.
From the Home screen, click on Crypto.
2. After clicking Crypto, select Buy.
3. After selecting Buy, a screen will populate showing you the following information:
- your available balance
- the current BTC value
- predesignated purchase amounts to choose from
4. If you would like to purchase an amount different from one of the predesignated values, click on Custom Amount at the bottom of the screen to enter the dollar amount that you would like to buy.
Please note that a message indicating the BTC purchase minimum or maximum will appear if you choose a value outside of the determined minimum and maximum sell parameters. Then, an amount that falls within these requirements will appear for you as a suggestion. You will be given the option to click Adjust Automatically if you would like to accept the adjusted value.
5. Click on Next after choosing your predesignated value or entering your custom amount.
6. A screen listing the Purchase Overview will appear with the following information:
Value of purchase chosen
Your current available cash balance prior to purchase.
Current value of BTC
At the bottom of the Purchase Overview screen will be the prompt to Buy Now.
7. Click Buy Now to confirm the purchase.
8. A screen stating Congratulations! and the amount of purchased BTC will appear once the process is complete.