Sending Cash in the Bakkt®App
This article will provide instructions on how to send cash to your family, friends, and other contacts.
You can send cash to anyone listed in your contacts. If you send cash to a non-Bakkt user, they will receive a notification to either their email or phone number, inviting them to set up a Bakkt account and claim the funds. If they have not responded to the prompt within 7 days then the transaction will be canceled.
To send cash, please follow the steps listed below:
1. From the Home screen click on Cash from your portfolio menu.
2. You will then be directed to the Send Cash screen. Use the number pad to enter the amount of cash you want to send and select Continue.
3. Search and select the contact you would like to send funds to.
4. After selecting the contact, you will see the Send Overview page.
Then Send Overview page will list the following information:
- Funding Source - This will state where the funds are coming from. In this case, it will state the cash currency being used.
- Transfer Fee - Bakkt does not add a fee to the price quoted for transferring cash.
- Send to - This will state the recipient of the funds you are sending.
- Note - This is an optional field where you can leave a note to the recipient.
After reviewing the Send Overview, click on Send Now to confirm. Please keep in mind that, once you click Send Now, the transfer can not be canceled.
6. A screen stating Congratulations! along with the amount sent and the recipient's contact information will appear to confirm the process is complete.