Linking your Bank Account to the Bakkt® App
After you have created your Bakkt account, you will then be able to link a payment method within the Bakkt App by following these steps:
1. Once the Bakkt account is created, you will see a screen prompting you to link a bank account.
If you happen to close the Bakkt App before viewing the Link Bank Account prompt you will see the Account Setup menu the next time you sign in. Scroll down and click on Link Bank Account.
2. After selecting Link Bank Account, you will be prompted to enter your legal first and last name.
3. Once you have clicked Continue, you will be prompted to enter your mailing address.
4. After you fill in the mailing address fields and select Continue, you will be directed to the Plaid interface and prompted to sign in to your banking institution.
5. Select Continue to see a list of major banks and the option to search for a particular bank.
6. Once you have selected your financial institution, you will be prompted to log in with your banking credentials.
If your bank is not listed, you'll be prompted to enter the account and routing number of the financial institution you are trying to link. Plaid will then initiate up to two micro-deposits so that your account can be verified. This process can take up to 2 business days.
7. A verification code will be sent to you via email after you have successfully signed in to your bank account.
8. After successfully linking your bank account, it will be listed under the My Linked Accounts portion of the Profile page within the Bakkt App.
Unlinking your Bank Account
To add a new payment method to your account, you will need to remove the current account first. In order to do so, please follow the steps below:
1. Scroll to the menu bar at the bottom of the screen and select More.
2. Select your Bakkt ID at the top of the screen to be redirected to the profile menu.
3. Under My Linked Accounts, select the linked account you would like to remove and click the highlighted Unlink button.
4. Select Unlink Bank Account to confirm.
Please note that unlinking your bank account will not affect any pending deposits or withdrawals.
5. The next pop-up screen states Bank Account Unlinked. Click OK, Got It to complete the process.