Bakkt App Sign-Up Steps
This article will guide you through the Bakkt® App sign-up process.
2. After installing the app on your mobile device, you will see the following screen upon launch. Select Get Started.
3. Under Create new account, input your email address. You can also tap Use mobile number instead to sign up with a valid US phone number.
5. Once you have entered a valid email address or phone number, tap Start with Bakkt® to continue.
6. You will then receive a 6-digit verification code to the email address or phone number provided.
7. Enter this 6-digit code in the box when prompted in the Verify email address or Verify mobile number screen.
- Tap Request a new code at any time to resend the verification code via your chosen delivery method.
8. After you have successfully entered a valid verification code, you will be able to tap the Verify button at the bottom of the screen to continue the sign-up process.
9. After selecting Verify, you will be prompted to create a password for your Bakkt® account. Please make sure that your password meets the Password Requirements.
10. When the password meets all requirements, the password requirement boxes will appear green and the Start with Bakkt button will be selectable.
11. You will then be prompted to create your new Bakkt ID. Note that once your Bakkt® ID is created, it cannot be modified. Please make sure that your Bakkt ID meets the Bakkt ID Requirements.
12. When the proposed Bakkt® ID meets all requirements, the required information boxes will appear green and the Confirm Bakkt ID button will be selectable.
13. Once you've claimed your Bakkt® ID, review what you have chosen and then select Confirm Bakkt ID. Please note that once you have confirmed your Bakkt® ID, you will not be able to make future changes to it.
14. You will then be prompted to Enable Face ID for a faster and more secure sign-in. Click on Enable Face/Touch ID to utilize this feature. If you prefer to enable Face ID at a later time, click on Skip This For Now instead.
15. You will see another prompt to create a 4-digit PIN for an additional faster and more secure sign-in option. Once you have entered the PIN you want to create, click on Create a 4-digit PIN If you prefer to create a PIN at a later time, click on Skip This For Now instead.
15. After creating your Bakkt® App account, you can link your bank account. Click here to view how to link and unlink a bank account.
Common Sign Up Issues and Questions
To view general questions about the sign-up process click here.